CLEAR NIGHTS & Telescope Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CLEAR NIGHTS & Telescope Reviews

CNFTR (c.) 2008 (rev.) 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
loron_knowlen2011

MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen Empty
PostSubject: MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen   MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:20 pm

You will gain experience in using your telescope especially if you direct your attention to the main points of quality. You will find in time that you will become critical of imperfections of your telescope, casual or inherent. When you test your telescope's optics, you should be careful and pay close attention to your own eyesight and be guided by proper directions and only then will you have a good idea of the quality of your telescope. Remember that no telescope will give the most perfect image. Your telescope is good when you can see fine definition and not to worry about the out of focus star image. If there seems to be a problem with the telescope because of the star image, you can not say what the problem is until you make an examination of the out-of-focus image on a night fine enough to allow you to make a star test at high power, unless the fault is because of a astigmatism, maladjustment, or centering of the optics and on a good night these can be seen at focus.
Back to top Go down
Astrowizz

PostSubject: Re: MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen   MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:59 am

Godd points. cheers

Mark Smith

Mark Smith

PostSubject: Re: MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen   MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Worst part of a telescope is the WEATHER lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen   MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY THOUGHTS ON TESTING A TELESCOPE - Loron Knowlen
Page 1 of 1